Ministry : Ministry of Women and Child Development
To encourage the girl child and enable her the education.
- Boost the Sex Ratio at Birth (SRB) by 2 points per year in identified gender sensitive districts.
- Reduce gender differentials from 7 points in 2014 to 1.5 points a year in Under Five Child Mortality Rate.
- Institutional Deliveries rise by at least 1.5 per cent per year.
- Improve girls’ enrolment in secondary education by 2018-19 to 82 per cent.
- Provide practical toilet in selected districts for girls at every school.
- Improve girls’ nutrition status-by reducing the number of underweight and anemic girls under age 5.
- Ensure the ICDS is universalised.
- Promote a safe climate for Girl Girls by enforcing the 2012 Children’s Protection from Sexual Offenses (POCSO) Act.
- Train Elected Representatives/ Grassroot Functionaries as Public Leaders to unite neighborhoods to strengthen CSR and encourage education for Women.