Ministry: Ministry of Education
- It is a unique initiative that leverages existing digital infrastructures that are highly scalable and versatile, while keeping teachers at the core.
- It is designed from the time that student teachers enrol in Teacher Education Institutes (TEIs) to after they retire as teachers, taking into account the entire teacher’s life cycle.
- In India, many educators in their classrooms are developing & utilising creative tech-based solutions.
- Some state governments have also started projects to digitally help their teachers.
- This prompted the MHRD and NCTE to coordinate these efforts and develop DIKSHA at the national level.