Ministry : Ministry of Women and Child Development
Aim: It aims to provide a marketing forum by using technology to highlight goods produced / manufactured / sold by women entrepreneurs / SHGs/ NGOs as well as showcasing services that represent their innovative potential.
- It is an effort designed to address women’s desires and needs.
- It’s an online women’s networking forum where members can highlight their goods.
- As part of ‘Smart India’ and ‘Stand Up India’ campaigns, it’s an opportunity for women around the world.
- The forum was founded under Rashtriya Mahila Kosh (RMK), by the Ministry of Women and Child Development, Government of India.
- It encourages mutual communication between the buyers and the vendors.
- Females need to be heavily interested in the supply chain, so they need to be 18 years old to demonstrate their products / services.
- Being web oriented, it has infinite scope and it is also very convenient to access Mahila e-haat, i.e. via the site itself as the whole e-haat business can be done from a cell phone.