Ministry : Ministry of Women and Child Development
Aim: Empowering rural women by community participation.
- Under the Program, Capacity Building of Women Collectives is intended to resolve women’s livelihood needs , particularly those in remote / vulnerable areas where women are unable to travel out of their immediate community for formal skill training.
- It portion will be introduced in partnership with NGOs / Cooperative Societies/ Krishi Vigyan Kendras.
- In Andhra Pradesh, the Ministry of Women & Child Development has released funds (central share) for three aspiring districts to conduct block-level activities in 8 blocks per aspiring district.
- Such districts include: Vizianagaram, Visakhapatnam, and Kadapa YSR.
- The Government of Andhra Pradesh has established a total number of 24 blocks at 8 blocks per aspiration area.