Ministry : Ministry of Women and Child Development
One Stop Centre Scheme (Also known as SAKHI)
Aim: To Provide organized support and assistance to women impacted by abuse, under one roof, both in private and public areas.
- The OSC would help all women including girls under the age of 18 who have been affected by abuse, regardless of caste, gender , ethnicity, country, sexual orientation or marital status.
- To girls under the age of 18, agencies and jurisdictions established under the Juvenile Justice (Care and Child Welfare) Act, 2000 and the Children’s Welfare from Sexual Offenses Act, 2012 should be related to the OSC.
- The scheme will obtain funding from the Nirbhaya Fund. The Central Government will provide the State Government / UT Administrations under the Scheme with 100 percent financial assistance.
- The Ministry of Women and Child Development (MWCD) will provide support for the establishment of OSC for the state governments / UT Administrations.
- The arrangement of the Nirbhaya Fund provides for a non-lapsable reserve fund for women’s health and welfare.
- This is funded by Government of India’s Ministry of Finance’s (MoF) Department of Economic Affairs (DEA).
- It is a designated fund which can be used for unique programs intended to enhance women’s health and protection.
Universalization of Women Helpline Scheme
- Women Helpline (WHL) will be merged with One Stop Center Scheme (OSC) to create one OSC in each State / UT to provide coordinated help and assistance to women affected by abuse, both in private and public spaces under one roof.
- Women harmed by abuse and seeking relief programs are referred via WHL to OSC.
Beneficiary: Any woman or girl facing violence in the public or private sphere of life, or seeking information on programs or schemes related to women.